Saturday, December 3, 2011

Choices!

So after finding out I had passed my dreadful exams I set out to choose the courses that will torture me throughout next year. There are, of course, compulsory subjects but I now have enough law courses to start electives. I'm also a dual degree student so even though I have enough credits, the general plan suggests I should wait until next year.

Despite this, I'm seriously considering taking a Medical Law elective in the first semester. I have 2 compulsory law courses, which gives me 2 other courses to take, which means I can still work through my Arts degree. I have a real interest in medical law, partly because I've had some work experience previously in the dental industry. I'm sure all the medical shows on TV help! 

It's a difficult choice and I'm not sure whether it is the right one to make. I was thinking about trying to contact someone in the Law School, but I suspect it would be difficult at this time of the year. As I'm going overseas in January I think I may wait until I am back in the big smoke and physically go to the campus and see what I can find out. 

I've heard mixed things about the subject, both that it is great and a lot of hard work. I'm okay with hard work, but when I have an interest in the area I find it much easier. I'm very interested in the subject, and I know I like, and respond to, the teaching style of the lecturer after having them for a Torts subject in my first year. The exam is historically open book, which makes me more than a little glad as I love these exams, especially if I have prepared great notes.  I also like the idea of taking an elective where I can work closer with the staff and students. 

I think writing this has almost helped me to make the decision! 

1 comment:

  1. "I think writing this has almost helped me to make the decision!"

    Just another great perk of blogging, eh? :-)

    Sounds like the medical law elective is great plan.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?