Thursday, July 12, 2012

Here's to keeping food groups!

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm currently off a number of groups of foods, one of them being salicilates. I have been off them for almost 2 weeks and I am about ready to begin testing myself to see if there is a reaction. After being off the different groups of food, I feel really good, although it is difficult to know which types of food are causing my symptoms. I won't go into my symptoms, but just know, I'm feeling great now. For a start, I have a lot of energy, am sleeping well and have lost weight even though I have shunned the gym this week. 


So, with that in mind, I am tonight making a delicious pasta, filled with the foods I have been unable to stomach this week. Hopefully (or not) this will find me filled with lethargy and what not. As someone with italian heritage, I cannot even imagine how I would cook without tomatoes and onions! For me, having a tin of tomatoes and a red onion in my cupboard means that I can make any number of dishes, and I will have to learn to cook again if tomatoes are leaving my life.


At least I have today. Today I feast on salicilates! Tomato and onion on a muffin for breakfast, a snack of avocado and tomato on a rice cracker, a salad for lunch and the Pièce de résistance, my yummy pasta sauce for dinner.


On the law side of things, I have almost constructed my time table. I have classes on Monday (well a class on Monday), Wednesday and Thursday, with Tuesdays filled with my continued work at a legal centre. The team I am in have been working on public nuisance ticketing which I have been surprised to find very interesting.


Of course, my time table is currently incomplete, as I still need to find a fourth subject. I have picked an interesting topic from the International Relations course list, although it clashes with my volunteer work. Thankfully, the subject is also available externally, so I am hoping that I will be able to undertake the class internally, but do the lectures externally. I am yet to email this to my lecturer to see if it will be fine, but I suspect it will be.


I'm also delighting in the fact that I do not need textbooks this semester! Whenever that happens I get pretty excited. As I will now be working primarily from my laptop, I'm pretty excited to get started. I purchased Microsoft Office for Mac last night and, although  I wasn't able to download it immediately, I should have it running in no time!


Get keen for a new semester everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?