Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A new direction


Hi! My name is Anna and I'm a law student. I'm also healthy. Yup, that's right... I don't chug back litres of coffee on a day to day basis (though I do enjoy a nicely brewed one occasionally) and yes, I eat crazy things like quinoa, lentils, chickpeas and kale. It's not my fault! I swear! I wish I could be like the other law students, living off coffee and coffee-shop cake, but alas, tis not for me. My body sort-of hates me. I'm unable to eat gluten, dairy and, as of last week, salicilates, coffee, tea, sugar and alcohol. Hopefully I will be getting some of those groups back (especially salicilates), but I'm prepared for the worst.

I've decided that I am going to start to blog more often, adding a little more about my 'healthy' lifestyle. I won't go all 'this is what everyone should do to be healthy' on you, just a bit of refocusing. I've retitled the blog 'Obiter Girl: The Healthy Law Student' to reflect my intended goal. I figure that, while my super strange and healthy lifestyle isn't for everybody, I am more than sure that there are things that will apply to others.

3 comments:

  1. I'm enticed now to subtitle my own blog, 'The unhealthy law student'... Just kidding.

    It sucks being able to eat certain things. Personally I became allergic to dairy, eggs and tree nuts. These things just happen out of the blue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I know what you mean. My naturopath/nutritionist says that sometimes allergies and intolerances appear out of the blue because there is another one underlying them that is unresolved. That said, may not be in your case and I know that my brother became egg intolerant all of a sudden. He went from lots of eggs to throwing up with them. But he eats them in cake and stuff.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?