Monday, May 28, 2012

Things I've done in the library

My approach to pre-exam study is fairly different to many people. I'm going to write about that later on, but I put more pressure on myself before 'SWOTVAC' and try to spend the last few weeks before exams working really hard so I can 'relax' before exams. Of course, relax is a subjective term so it will hardly be a beach holiday. Anyway, with exams a few weeks away, I've been working really hard in the library. As such, I have realised that I am practically living in the library and there are numerous things I have done in the library that I usually would only do at home:

I have done a full face of makeup for a family dinner:
We were meant to be having dinner at 6pm, so I left the library at 3:30 so I could go home, have a shower and get ready. While driving home I got a message saying dinner was being changed to 7 so I had a shower and got changed and headed back to the library. I actually got a heap of work done that night!

I painted my nails:
I love painting my nails black but my desk at home is snow white. While I'm fairly neat with my nail-painting, I felt safer doing them at uni. No spills and I got work done at the same time!

I have done a workout
Much like drilling concepts on the treadmill, I did pushups while reciting case law. I must admit that it was rather early in the day as I woke up at 5:30am and couldn't get back to sleep, otherwise I wouldn't be doing something to draw so much attention to myself!

I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner
I head into the library at night a few times a week at around 6-6:30pm. I don't stay too late, but I get as much work done as I can during that time. I have found if I sit down and eat my dinner at home I'm too full and don't feel like driving into uni. While I usually go, I don't leave for a while and get hardly any work done. Instead, I make my dinner as usual, putting it in a plastic container instead of on a plate and take it with me. I do the same with breakfast some days because it gets me out of the door faster!

Read a novel in a foreign language:
I made an effort to do this reading in study breaks and managed to read the whole thing in the library

Curled my hair
Before leaving home I put my hair in old-fashioned pin curls and wrapped it in a scarf. As I worked, my hair curled.

Planned my menu for the week, including pricing my groceries:
I ended up doing this while looking for something to avoid studying! It worked! This took forever, but was definitely worth it!

Developed unhealthy imaginary relationships with fictional characters, namely Donald Draper and Ezra Fitz
Not sure whether to be proud or ashamed of this!

Anyone else done crazy things in the library?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?