Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dear English Literature...

I was joking about breaking up with English literature last night on Facebook last night and, after seeing a post on survive law (link to come when I get to a computer) I decided I would break up properly.

Dear English Literature,
My oh my, you really are needy. I've enjoyed spending time with you and you obviously have enjoyed your time with me, but it just isn't working. I've always loved the time we spend, although it just hasn't been the same lately.

You know I've been seeing other subjects? At least I have been trying to. The thing is that you are just so needy that it is near impossible for me to spend time with them.

That is the thing, I truly believe you are more serious than I am and I'm not so sure that it is working out.

I don't think we should end it permanently, just temporarily. Even so, I'm struggling to consider ceasing our relationship. I'll tell you what! How about I put my anthology under my pillow tonight and you can drift into my head via osmosis.

Lovingly yours,

Obiter Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?