Monday, October 10, 2011

Harvest Box

Just a quick blog today about a pretty awesome website. I have very specific dietary requirements so it's important for me to eat healthily and i'm usually better off if I bring snacks with me wherever I go, just in case I can't find anything that I can eat.

I like the idea of trail mixes and nuts, but many of the pre-made mixes available at the shops contain traces of gluten or are really salty. I have tried making trail mixes myself, but I end up with large amounts and I'm bored of the combination long before finished.

Your Harvest Box arrives in the ordinary post in a neat little box!

I recently came across Harvest Box through a Scoopon side deal. Harvest Box send you a box with 4 snack-size portions of various healthy snacks. Don't be afraid! Many of the fruit and nut mixes contain chocolate and seasonings to sweeten, or spice up, the deal. Each box is $6.95 and you can decide what day (or days) of the week they are delivered. While you can't decide exactly what you get in each box, you can go through the menu and mark each mix as 'No Thanks', 'Try It', 'Like It' or 'Yes Please'. I can confirm that if you rate a mix as 'No Thanks' you will definitely not receive it - perfect if you have allergies. Just in case you miss excluding something you have an allergy to, the ingredients of each mix are printed on the plastic seal so you don't accidentally eat something that will make you sick.



Each of the mixes you receive is individually sealed
My first mix arrived today and I was very excited! I must admit, I was expecting the mixes to be larger, but they are a  perfect size for an afternoon or morning snack! Let's be honest, fruit and nuts are pretty filling!


The first mix I tried, Bear's Picnic has Canadian maple cashew and roast peanuts and its totally delicious!

As I said earlier, I got onto Harvest Box by a deal on Scoopon, giving me 2 boxes for $5. Usually a single box costs $6.95. I'm not 100% sure I will continue to get Harvest Box once I have finished my deal because as a student the cost is a little steep. That said, I most definitely spend more than $6.95 on McDonalds some weeks! If nothing else, Harvest Boxes give me a great idea of what delicious and healthy snacks I enjoy.

Now when you sign up for Harvest Box you can give friends their first box for free! I have a code I can give you for registration if you'd like to try it out! Just let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. We signed up for the free trial but it's called 'graze box' in the UK. I much prefer the name 'harvest box'.

    The punnets I tried did taste surprisingly good and it's got to be better than gobbling on a chocolate bar! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fruit eater but I've surprisingly enjoyed these! I'm hooked now! I especially like the bits with chocolate. Oh and the chocolate coated coffee beans! I thought they were chunks of chocolate and ate them all at night. BIG MISTAKE!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?