Saturday, October 8, 2011

With all my assignments finally out of the way, I just wish I could relax! Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen in law school! In the middle of all my assessment my timetable for exams was released, plus I ended up at the doctor!

After being in denial for weeks I finally went to the doctor. I knew I had a sinus infection, I just didn't want to admit so! I mean, it wasn't bothering me so I just ignored it. Of course all the stress of my assignments and late nights took a toll and I felt so bad that I dragged myself to the health service. One of the things I hate about being sick is that you have a perfectly valid excuse to procrastinate!

Thankfully my antibiotics have begun to work and I'm feeling much better... now! They had the terrible side-effect of causing sleeplessness! I'm all for all-nighters! In fact, sometimes I get great work done in the process. A productive or enjoyable all-nighter is nothing like the pain of sleepless nights. When I was younger I was a bit of an insomniac, but it wasn't nearly as bad as this past week! THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW WITH NO SLEEP! The worst part was that I decided to just lie in bed or watch movies to try and coax my body into falling asleep. Now that I'm past it I keep thinking about how much study I could have gotten done! It is then that I feel ridiculously nerdy.

Anyway, with the release of my exam timetable I've been scared into studying. This happens every semester. Thankfully I have 2 open-book exams, although my contract exam isn't. I've started to cover my walls with flow-charts and mind-maps and I've got a heap of flash-cards all lined up. I'm trying to go over any readings I may have missed, and even those I didn't, to make sure I didn't miss anything important and I'm trying to get into my study/exam routine, including my mornings/nights at the gym! With a month or so to go I'm hoping I haven't started too late!

If only examinable context was the only thing on my mind! I'm currently in the process of renewing my passport. It's my first adult passport so I have to do an interview, which absolutely terrifies me! I don't know why because I'm an upstanding citizen, but it still freaks me out! My family is possibly going to the US in January and I have been tasked with coming up with some things to do. I have been told numerous times that I should just make sure I'm travel planning in free time, but I have the talent to rationalise anything when I want to! I'm even making lists of clothes I want to take!

On that note, I'm off to start packing. Not. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?