Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Adventures in IKEA

Yes, I went to the fantastical evil store that is IKEA. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE IKEA! Absolutely! It's just that every time I go there I end up buying so much more than I need! As I write I am sitting on a mattress in my room (because I do not yet have a bed) and staring at a partially assembled desk and a ridiculous pile of wooden pieces that apparently make some drawers.

While it is impossible to go to IKEA without buying much more than you wanted to, my impulse purchases were relatively few. Lamps (and so many spare lightbulbs), a mirror and a frame are the only extras I snagged, although it must be said that I am currently planning yet another trip

A few hours later...
I've now finished putting together the drawers, which form the base of my desk on one side, also now assembled. FINALLY! While I have my desk, I'm sitting on the floor with my computer. I'm sure the desk is perfectly solid, something my mother affirmed, but I know my skills and I don't really trust myself.

Having my desk set up is great as it means I can finally get started! I picked up my textbooks yesterday and have basically moved in. Of course, nothing is actually unpacked yet but already my room is infinitely larger than any room I've had in the entirety of my life! That's my next task... right after I finish watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?