Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Organising for the new semester

So I write today as I am faced with a dilemma. I could continue my unpacking (no thanks!) or I could organise my materials for the new semester. I've decided to go with organising my class materials.

I use a Livescribe Echo Pen (which I plan to write about soon), so my lecture notes need to be taken in special notebooks. I like to take notes from textbooks and cases on looseleaf paper so I use 2-ring binders to keep everything organised and together.

Now in the past I've used dividers to organise my work in different sections for readings, cases, slides and other print-outs (for courses where they are provided) and other materials. Now I'm starting to think that it isn't necessarily the best way to go about the organisation process. I've now decided (after having bought enough dividers for all four subjects) that the ideal way to organise would be based on topic, generally a section for each week of the course. A major benefit of this method will be the ease for open book exams. While I generally make a summary of all my notes whether or not an exam is open book, I still like to bring all my materials in with me.

Ah the organisational possibilities of a totally new desk and year!

How do you organise your notes? Do you have a particular method?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?