Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Confessions of a Law School Stationery Addict

Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos


I have a problem. I have a stationery fetish. It started slowly, having multiple coloured pens in my pencil case but I'm starting to think it has gone too far.

I have highlighters in almost every colour, at least two or three of most and a giant container of paperclips (which I don't use). I have at least 60 biros (no joke), which I rarely use, mainly just for exams. I have so many post-its and tabs, at least 12 different tabs labelled with things from 'To Do' to 'Whatever'. I have at least 15 Sharpies in black alone, and I don't even want to know how many coloured ones I have.

Like I said, I have alot of stationery. I'm fairly sure I could get through the rest of my degree without buying more!

I've read somewhere that law students seem to have a universal obsession with highlighters. I observed the extent of this in a recent english class when I observed that there were only two students that highlighted in their texts: another law student and I. I'm not sure whether the other students just don't like highlighters or if they wanted to resell the book later on. Either way, it seems fairly common among law students... right?

2 comments:

  1. Fetishes are always a winner with me (as long as it’s nothing really disturbing) and I hate to be a pedant but isn’t it “stationery”?

    :p

    Michael’s tip of the day: stationEry = E for envelope... and by process of elimination, the other stationary must relate to something not moving. ;-)

    (Feel free to slap me)... don’t worry... that’s not fetish related – I just hate people who do what I’ve just done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *facepalm* I can't believe I did that! I'm usually such a grammar nut!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?