Saturday, August 20, 2011

Studying in the library: Yay or Nay?

Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos
So even though it's fairly early in the semester and exams are so far away they can't even be seen with a telescope, I started to wonder about studying in libraries. Early last semester I studied and worked in the libraries quite a bit, but as the semester drew on and it got harder to find a desk I stopped using the library as much.

Now when I think about it, I worked much more effectively in the libraries than in my dorm room, most of the time anyway. If I took just one lot of work I got it done quickly, but I usually took books for a few subjects. I didn't work in the Law Library at my univeristy very much, mainly because there was a library that was 24 hours a day and filled with just desks. It was always easier to find somewhere to work there. It makes me wonder though, is studying in the library better?

Various articles (here) and bloggers (here and here) suggest it is good to study in a library because of the quiet, the access to information and distance from distraction, among other reasons. 

What are your personal preferences?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?