Thursday, August 25, 2011

Essay Competitions.... ultimate procrastination!

123RF Images

I'm currently looking at a few essay competitions that end in December. I've printed out all the information for both and have started doing some rudimentary research. I know what you're thinking "Oh that's great that you're getting started early". The truth is, however, that I really shouldn't have started yet. Why? Oh just a little thing called Assessable Essays. Yes, I have been writing essays for competitions instead of working on my university essays.

Now it makes sense, in a way, that I should be starting now. Looking at my assessment planner for the remainder of the semester, it makes sense that I should do them now or not at all. Let's be honest, once I finish my exams I won't want to be writing essays!  As such I figure that writing an essay is better than watching endless movies or wasting time on Facebook. Whether or not this is true will be revealed soon enough!

Speaking of Facebook, I've started using it again. I went for 2 months or so without  using it and wasting my time but I relapsed!

3 comments:

  1. Ah... I remember all too well the procrastinating ways of student life - http://lawactually.blogspot.com/2009/01/when-procrastination-bears-fruit.html

    That year, during my LLM, I also went all in for an essay competition too. I didn't win (but I still believe I deserved to!) ;-)

    Btw - what's the prize?

    Shame on you for giving in and going back to facebook! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many law essay competitions are there in Australia? The only one I'm really aware of is the GG's Competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Michael - To be honest, I'm not sure what the prizes are... probably should check that out!

    @thejackalscodex - There is the GG's competition, the NELA environmental law one, NSW young lawyers animal law competition and an Australian legal history one. I think there are a few others but I just printed off the topics for the first few I found on google!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?