Friday, August 12, 2011

Nietzsche and Potter, my day thus far

Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos
It's rather ridiculous that I chose to take English Literature instead of Political Science. My reason for doing a dual degree was originally to dilute the heavy load of my law degree. I'm starting to realise that, by choosing English Literature I am greatly increasing my workload!

Just this week we had to read 20 pages or so of Nietzsche. For anyone who has read Nietzsche, you'll know it's not exactly light reading! This week it was The Birth of Tragedy and On Truth and Lies in a Non-Moral Sense and I'm fairly certain I no longer have any understanding of the concept of 'truth'!  I don't mind having heavy readings, but I'm realising that it's not a one-off. From our Nietzsche readings we have to do a piece of assessment in the next week, as well as reading a hundred or so pages of Freud and Marx. Somehow I have more pre-reading, and more time needed for preparation than for any of my law courses! So much for breaking up the workload!

On another note I checked my email this morning and saw an email from Pottermore with the subject 'Congratulations!'. I got so excited, thinking that the email was going to tell me all about how I could now use the site after qualifying for early entry last week, but alas, it was merely an email to let me know I will be getting an email at some stage, which I already knew! I couldn't help but be a little disappointed but at the end of the day, it's just a website. One that will get a huge amount of hits, but a website nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?