Tuesday, August 23, 2011

In the first week of this semester I made a giant semester planner with all my due dates, public holidays and the like. Even though I've had the planner on my wall for a few weeks I haven't really looked at it until yesterday when I was trying to make plans for the mid-semester break.

It appears that I have 3 pieces of assessment (weighted 20%, 30% and 40%) due within 4 days! The next week I have another piece worth 50%. This frustrates me no end as I won't be able to start most of them until closer to the due dates.

I miss first year with the law course co-ordinators communicating with each other to ensure that we didn't have too much assessment due at anyone time. Foolishly I thought this pattern would continue!

In the meantime I'm working on two essays for some competitions (The Governor-General's Undergraduate Essay Competition and Australian Legal History Competition). Neither are due until December but I know that once exams are out I will want nothing to do with libraries, research or essays. I figure it is 'productive procrastination'; I'm not wasting time on Facebook or YouTube but achieving something, albiet something only semi-important.

On that note I'm off to sleep. It seems that I have managed to become semi-nocturnal in little under a week after keeping normal hours for over six months. This must not continue and I must get back into the swing of things. First thing tomorrow I'm hitting the gym... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?